Friday 16 March 2007

the most depressing office in the world..

today i am feeling glum as my handsome student teacher rob is finishing his placement. as all the other teachers have their own classrooms, he was the only person that kept me company in the MOST DEPRESSING OFFICE IN THE WORLD. here it is:
(the slightly perplexed look on my face is because i have just been told that the year 7's will have exams next week, which i didn't know and both of my year 7 classes are completely unprepared for. such is the nature of the communication lines at this school)

how awful is this office?!?! and yes, i am working at a student desk with a 14 year old size chair. it is here i plan my lessons, eat my school dinners, do most of my text messaging home and dispair over the state of british youth culture. those disorganised boxes of geography worksheets piled on the cabinets behind me torment me every morning as i come into work.. and the part that you can't see is even worse. steve the head of humanities is the most humongous hoarder you have ever met in your life. and you all know what i think of hoarding.. sometimes i go over to his desk, pick something up and throw it in the enormous bins downstairs just because i know he will never notice.. it makes me feel a little bit better..

anyway, i am sad to see rob go. he is being replaced by the impossibly smarmy liam who i will be 'mentoring' in 5 different classes. i am the biggest fraud in the world.

and are you impressed with the piles of weekend marking i have to do? i need to mark all those orange books, leaving grades and helpful comments that students will probably never read. jealous? this europe thing isn't all charming accents, stately homes and inter-continental travel....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Melly! Chin up champ! If life was all lollipops and fireworks there would be nothing exciting at all unless we could get bigger fancier lollipops and much larger higher polluting fireworks! You would then crave dullness and repeating eventless days. :) And if it makes you feel better I always read my teachers comments, but I did also complain about them too oh and I am a hoarder I know you hate me! :(

March 17, 2007 5:20 am  
Blogger melissa the kisser said...

yeah i do hate the kids that complain about what you write.. i hate it even more when they catch out your bad adding up when you were calculating their exam scores. that's just embarassing..

March 19, 2007 7:08 pm  
Blogger Nai said...

If it's any consolation, I always assumed that the teachers were just over worked when they added up my test scores incorrectly. This form the 25 year old who used to proclaim (often and loudly) that the problem with my school was that 50% of the students were smarter than 50% of the teachers. I thought I was being fair. I've now revised that to optimistic. Let me assure you that you can shit on 99% from a very great height. Chin up, at least you have a job!

March 20, 2007 4:27 pm  
Blogger Nai said...

OOPS! That last bit should have read 'from the 15 Year old who..' mot 25 year old. sheesh!

March 20, 2007 4:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home