Thursday 8 March 2007

nostalgia

when i was a little girl i had a picture book called new blue shoes. i loved that book. it was about a girl who had always had dreary black or brown shoes. one day her mother took her to the shoe shop and bought her a lovely pair of new blue shoes. such a nice story and whenever i think of it i am reminded of the time my mum finally agreed to buy me a pair of 'bubblegummers' at the stirling clarks shoe shop. anyway.

on the weekend i bought myself a pair of shoes that are the *exact* same shade of blue as the pair in new blue shoes. they make my heart feel good.
eighties stylin!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey mel, they are almost pointed as well, can actually visualise that book in question n remembered the numerous times we read that over n over..feel really 'grown up' now? go girl and tramp all over berlin with it!
love xxooxx

March 08, 2007 10:38 pm  
Blogger audrey said...

Ooh those boots are hot and more than a little witchy!

I wish I could find some nice boots. Europe man...

March 09, 2007 1:03 am  
Blogger melissa the kisser said...

ma: i'm told the germans are an unstylish lot so i'll certainly feel adequately dressed. only 3 weeks to go!

audrey: they also stop in the exact place that makes my calf look as chunky as possible. and I DON'T CARE because they are BLUE.. europe is where it is at. they also have smaller shoe sizing over here so there is the added advantage of feeling delicate and ladylike when you ask for your size.. though that is counteracted by their clothes sizes which go up..

March 09, 2007 11:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melly,
The Germans are cool! Infact Übercool I would suggest. Try and find Danny's shoe store in Germany for cool shoes! They have awesome stuff, and great colours if you are looking to keep your feet all cheerful and dandy!
I went cultural tonight and went to a rugby game! I feel like a kiwi now.... cept with brains and class haha.
miss u have fun.
Gartho

March 10, 2007 10:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home